Monday 2 November 2015

Mission

Being a Professional.

Being professional means to demonstrate behavior by responsible conduct and mature judgement. Therefore as an educator I shall ensure that I meet the standards of professionalism. First of all I shall demonstrate solid work ethics and have high expectations for myself and others. I shall speak with civility that is appropriate to the audience and respond correctly while demonstrating active listening skills. I shall display emotional stability, compassion and empathy. I shall be honest, trustworthy and dedicated to the welfare of others. Being professional also means that I must meet assigned expectations consistently and incorporate feedback I receive. In my professional practice I shall demonstrate respect for spiritual and cultural values and diversity.

I shall always have the students' best interest in mind and care for them through positive influence, professional judgement and empathy in practice. To me professionalism also means that I should act with integrity, honesty and reliability. My relationships with pupils will be built on trust and will embody fairness.

BEING A COMMUNITY WORKER.

As a community worker I can teach English to young preschool children, participate in HIV education and do home visits to those who are poverty stricken. By ensuring that I educate the students in my class properly I deliver a service that makes the community a better place. A community needs people that does service to function well. As a teacher I have direct interaction with other members of the community and I can deliver a service that is critical for the community. A community needs teachers to pitch in to make the community a better place. Groups of educators and community members can work together toward common goals. This is becoming more commonplace in schools as good teachers strive for constant improvement in everything from creating lesson plans to changing school culture. They focus on subjects of interest: technology, improving reading scores, or project learning, for example. A group can be organized by subject, grade level, speciality, or any combination of topics that teachers believe need attention.

Teacher as a knowledge worker.

Teachers must keep up with rapid changes and developments. I must be able to engage and interact with a wide variety of information from ever increasing resources. I shall become a lifelong learner in an information society. I shall also develop strategies to engage with and work with and construct new knowledge. I need to be equipped with ever-increasing skills and competencies to manage this hyper-connected, knowledge environment in order to best prepare students for the 21st Century because they live in a world that is ever changing. Teachers are constantly challenged to develop their own thinking and practice to prepare students for active and successful participation in a knowledge society. I shall develop students who are effective knowledge workers and competent citizens for the future. I must have a high level of education, be motivated and possess factual information.

BEING A RESOURCEFUL INNOVATOR.

To be innovative I must use a combination of lecture-discussions, simulations, service learning, cooperative learning, visual media, role-playing, guest speakers, and debates in order to accommodate diverse learning styles, and present the subject from different angles to facilitate multiple intelligences of learners. I shall use authentic texts that engages learners in activities. The lessons I prepare will be innovative enough to include diverse learning and teaching styles. I always try to put an interesting twist on each lesson so that students look forward to coming to class. Students enjoy lessons that make them laugh, challenge them and when they can compete with each other to find an answer.

MAKING A DIFFERENCE.

Teachers can make a difference one child at a time. I shall ascertain that each and every student understands and knows that he/she is unique and special. I shall ensure that the students know I believe in them and that they will be a success. It is important that educators focus on the positive and good the students do. I shall ensure that my students know they are loved by me and that I always have their best interest at heart. By accepting students as they are without fault finding I will gain their trust and make a positive difference in their lives. I will lend a hand to the students in need. I shall nurture the students' self esteem by guiding them to realise their unique strengths and talents. As a teacher I can inspire possibilities. I shall rather inspire learners to dream of the many possibilities of their future than to achieve. I will support learning in challenging times and instil hope of possibilities in their hearts.

MISSION

I want to teach learners in a way that has some straightforward instruction, but also gives
learners room to grow and expand on their own. I feel it is beneficial for learners to sometimes work for the answer rather than being told because it stretches their knowledge and teaches them how to find information in a variety of ways. I also feel a key to success is for the class to work on projects to help others. As an educator, it is important not only to help the learners that you are teaching, but also give them direction to help others. Teaching is a lifelong learning process of learning about new philosophies and new strategies, learning from the parents and community, learning from colleagues, and especially learning from the children. Children have taught me to open my mind and my heart to the joys, the innocence, and the diversity of ideas in the world. Because of this, I will never forget how to smile with the new, cherish the old, and laugh with the children.

In my classroom, I want learners to have freedom that allows for expression and creativity.
learners should be able to experiment with likes and dislikes and to realize their strengths and weaknesses. After this base is developed, the curriculum can be structured to accommodate each learners’s learning style. I believe each and every child has the potential to bring something unique and special to the world. I will help children to develop their potential by believing in them as capable individuals. I will assist children in discovering who they are, so they can express their own opinions and nurture their own ideas. I have a vision of a world where people learn to respect, accept, and embrace the differences between us, as the core of what makes life so fascinating.

My classroom will be a caring, safe, and equitable environment where each child can blossom and grow. I will allow children to become responsible members of our classroom. My personal goal for my future classroom is to challenge learners and watch them grow to their full potential. I want to take students at different levels and see them develop together for the betterment of each individual. Every classroom presents a unique community of learners that varies not only in abilities, but also in learning styles. My role as a teacher is to give children the tools with which to cultivate their own gardens of knowledge. To accomplish this goal, I will teach to the needs of each child so that all learners can feel capable and successful. I will present curriculum that involves the interests of the children and makes learning relevant to life. I will incorporate themes, integrated units, projects, group work, individual work, and hands-on learning in order to make children active learners. Finally, I will tie learning into the world community to help children become caring and active members of society.





No comments:

Post a Comment