Monday 2 November 2015

Teaching Learners Effectively

Mind Map





To teach learners in my classroom effectively I will create a classroom environment with a climate that is conducive and receptive for learning:

  • I will seek out new ways to develop a positive atmosphere in the class where learners are well-managed and motivated to learn. I will ensure that all learners feel a sense of belonging in the class group. 
  • I will also manage the physical environment of the classroom by organizing the space well and creating a physical layout that is accessible, comfortable and visibly attractive. 


To teach learners effectively educators must understand that the learners are the millennial generation;

  • The educator needs his/her self management to be successful. Educators must ensure that the classroom climate is conducive to teaching and learning. 
  • Learners must be guided to participate actively in their learning. 
  • Educators must take diversity of learners into consideration in order to teach effectively. 
  • Teachers must recognize the multiple intelligence of learners and guide them to reach their full potential 
  • Effective teaching must be inclusive to provide quality education to all learners. Technology must be used to help learners engage in learning.
  • I will facilitate learning and guide learners to participate actively in the learning process. 
  • I will make the learning tasks challenging for the learners and provide assistance while letting learners also learn for themselves
  • I will establish the multiple intelligence of learners and guide them to reach their full potential to become successful in life.
  • I will ascertain that the lessons I give is suited for a multicultural class. 
  • Learners are from different cultures and needs to respect all culture's beliefs and traditions. 
  • Learners will be treated equally and with respect. If I lead by example I will effectively teach the learners to live successfully in a multicultural society.

My self management will include having a vision, managing my approach to work and my work objectives. Having a vision will provide purpose and meaning and through my influence I will have a positive effect on the learners and the community. My approach to work and my work objectives will be directly aligned to my vision. This will be done by formulating objectives that will help me teach more effectively. To be an effective teacher I need to develop as an educator and have emotional intelligence.
My teaching will include inclusive education that provides quality education for learners with barriers as well. My lessons will have activities that will enhance learning and provide peers with opportunities to assist students with disabilities or learning barriers.
I am going to use technology as teaching tools to teach learners more effectively. My learning activities will engage learners in the use of technology in order to provide an environment for deep learning and understanding. This enables me to make learning more learner-centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment